-->

Monday, April 6, 2009

Thirteen years



Doug and I have been married 13 years today. April 6th, 1996 @ 3pm. I couldn't help but remember that about 2:45 I said to my Mother, "is it 3 yet"?

I was excited. I can still recall just how excited I was to get down the aisle. We have been "through it"; Doug and I. Thriteen years, four great kids, up's, down's, good, bad, laughter and tears, we're still here. Bent but not broken.

The kind of love you have after thirteen years may not be the foo-foo romantic kind, but when I pulled into our neighborhood today I drove past a home that Doug had listed for sale; and has been working with this family for over TWO years, finding listings, showing them houses, putting in offers, only to have them decide to take it off the market a month ago, and then see a "for sale" sign in the yard, new company name, NEW AGENT, NEWER (LOWER) PRICE; I WAS FURIOUS! I seriously wanted to go up to that door, knock and then PUNCH SOMEONE SQAURE IN THE FACE! well, I dare say; THAT is love!

Here's to thirteen more, and the hope that I don't actually punch someone square in the face?! Eeek!

1 comment:

  1. That's my girl! You go knock on that door and give the owners a fistful. Sorry that happened to Doug...so rude. I'm sure they will find out quickly their house just sucks and no one wants to buy it.

    Congratulations on your anniversary!! I liked seeing your wedding picture. You looked beautiful...and Dougie had hair!!

    ReplyDelete