-->

Friday, December 31, 2010

New year, birthday and new background!

Since Ethan's birthday is next Friday, and it's the beginning of a new year, I thought the "CELEBRATIONS" blog background was fitting.

Ethan turns S-I-X next week, that's so hard to believe...

2010 is O-V-E-R, that's so hard to believe.....

I guess weather we agree, go along with, or welcome some changes, they come around each year, I think it's mostly a good thing. I always feel the new year is a "new beginning" and I'm usually hopeful that it will be a better year than the one before, sometimes I think that's it's been a waisted thought, but in the end, I guess it's better to start off that way.

At the close of 2010; I've had a big year. I quit my job of 11yrs, my big boy's are off and running, and they just don't need me the same, which is a hard adjustment to a Mama who loves like I do, and peri-menopause has entered my life... MID LIFE. What a thought, sometimes it's very scary to think about being at a mid point, but that's where I am, it comes with it's own slew of  issues to deal with and navigate through, my age number isn't a big deal to me, I'm 42, I don't care if you know that, but I don't think I ever considered that I would have any sort of "menopause" words attached to that age, but alas, it is very common... luckily I have a terrific Mother who has given me a sort of "bible" to reference, and a whole lifetime of wisdom and security to know that I am ok, just as I am, and that "this too shall pass".... I have a pretty nice guy to live with too, and he's holding his own, nicely.

At the close of the year, I have found myself car-less most of it, a predicament I am not fond of, it has made me kinda crazy truth be told, so has not working. I like to work, and I will go back to doing "something" this year since Ethan will start 1st grade this summer and I don't think I could find quite enough within my four walls to keep me from going crazy M-F... on the other hand, I have expanded my photography equipment and my knowledge and skills, and that has continued to be a great source of fun, I have made some money with it, and given some people great happiness through  pictures, and I have amazed myself a few times with what I captured, it's truly a gift that I hope to expand upon this year... I really love it.

My children continue to be my greatest source of joy, I expect that to be the way of it forever! "Thank God for kids" my crowning glory, my life's work...

I hope the new year brings.....

Friends to play with for my Doll

Another healthy year for my Ethan

The beginning of a college education for my Coder

..And more Santa suits for my Hopper!

No comments:

Post a Comment