-->

Monday, December 1, 2008

Part 3; Gateway




We had planned on taking tracks to Gateway; but there were easily a MILLION people on the train and a million more waiting; so walk we did! We got there for the end of the One World Children's Choir, something that had come together for the 2002 Olympics. They we're SO GOOD, what a cute choir, with children that we're younger than Callie, mostly non-traditional songs too, which was nice. 

The highlight of the evening; for me; was the Jon Schmidt performance. I have been a fan of his since 1991. I have been to several of his annual Thanksgiving Pointe and Kingsbury Hall Christmas performances, in fact we quit going to Bestor concerts for Schmidt years ago. His piano was set up and out of nowhere comes Jon Schmidt himself and sits down at the piano while waiting for the sound guys to get everything in order, well I see an opportunity and I SEIZE IT. I asked him if he would mind sitting for a picture with my Daughter, to which he says "sure", so I take it and it has a very large bright spot in the picture from a spotlight and I ask him if I can take it from another angle, again, "sure", by now Doug sees me talking and taking pictures and comes down to ask if I'D like a picture with him, well, let's ask him! ....."SURE" is the response, so here we are with Jon Schmidt! 
 
We ended the evening with great food at Rumbi and then the train back to Seivert's condo to warm up and then home. We all had a great time. It's so rare we get to have fun together for NO REASON. Families are the greatest!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Catherine, you are so lucky! I've loved him since about 1992. I thought I was one of the first ones to know about him. No wonder you like to work during the day...you get to do things like this at night. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I don't know where I've been for the past few weeks. I thought I had caught up on your blog and here are some posts that I missed! How wonderful for you to seize a picture moment with Jon Schmidt. I know you are obsessed with him...as with any musical favorites of yours. Both the pictures of you and Callie look great! Looks like a really fun time with all the family.

    ReplyDelete