-->

Friday, September 25, 2009

Intermountain Healing Hearts walk











One very sad part of the event is the tent with memorial posters. It is a very sad moment to watch a mother standing in front of what is obviously HER child's poster, the one she probably wanted to make to honor her child, probably worked for hours on the theme, colors and pictures that best summed up her baby's importance and unforgettable presence. I had a lump in my throat more than once. It was noted during the event that this is a "club which no one wants to be a part of" You have a child with a CHD, and every year, that tent is more full with memorial posters, and you are so grateful that it is NOT your child, and so sad that it has to be anyone's.
My boy won tickets to Hale Centre Theatre, it was perfect, as he is the only one of my children who hasn't been there to see a play, he'll get to go see "A Christmas Carol" in November; or at least I WILL! (there is an age limit and I don't know how well he'd actually sit through it).
We had a great time. The weather was perfect, the kids were perfectly behaved, and best of all, I FOUND the park!!

No comments:

Post a Comment