-->

Friday, October 17, 2008

MICHIGAN................

Beautiful Lake Superior sunrise
Pink tree on the way to "paradise" MI
...To funny, but CLOSED
Sunset over Lake Michigan/Mackinac Island
The Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island

I found a disc with these beautiful pictures of Michigan's upper peninsula.  My Mother and I took this trip in October of 2004. For various reasons, this trip was cathartic for my heart-broken Mother. There are colors in the UP that your eyes have never seen, pink trees, orange bushes; colors so vibrant and alive. 

While we we're in The Grand Hotel, where "Somewhere in Time" was filmed, we saw the announcement that Christopher Reeves had passed away. I was so excited to have been to the hotel since it is one of my all time favorite movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment