-->

Friday, August 8, 2008

Ever present question?

I find I am mentally asking myself this one question OVER and OVER again; variation on a theme questions like:

Why do I try.......................?

What's the point.................?

Why bother........................?

And the answer usually ends something like, "ARGH, I DON'T KNOW WHY? GUESS I WON'T."

This kind of "thinking" doesn't last long, but I am amazed some day's at how easily this kind of thinking will lead to other uplifting questions like:

Why are you so bad at this mothering gig.........?

Why aren't you AS SKINNY as so and so..............?

Why aren't you Martha Stewart yet.........................?

You see where this is going?

 These are my general feelings the past few day's. I have TWO TEENAGERS, YEP, THAT'S RIGHT....... (dramatic pause). TWO, who are probably going to drive me to drink  (more diet Mt.Dew that is).  I never seem to know what to do, or say to the never ending barrage of needs, wants and ARGUMENTS that I seem to just "find"myself swimming (more like suffocating) in.

 What's worse? I remember being a teenager; and when I take that trip down memory lane, I picture that scene in a movie where the birds peck their victim to death!

Oh, woe is me

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like I'll need to start calling Cody and Spencer 'Woodpecker'.

    Remember...the point of this life is to endure to the end. Just kick back and drink your diet mountain dew or diet coke with at least two lemons, put your sunglasses on, and stick up the hand when they come interrogating you.

    ReplyDelete